Spring 2010 New Operating Policies
Posted by: Unbiased Reporter on 2010-03-06 09:28:57
Some policy changes are being instituted for the Spring 2010 O-30 league in an effort to fully balance play and allow everyone to plan their non-soccer lives, if there is such a thing. There will be no exceptions to these guidelines.
- Team Selection - prior to the draft, captains will rank each other based upon perceived skill level. The highest rated captain will receive last pick in the draft, then next highest rated, and so on.
- Jersey Color - team color selection will follow in reverse order from draft order
- Team Size - the team members and size will be determined at the draft, no exceptions. There will be no provision for adding players during the season, even as a result of injury. In the event the selected team members are unable to play, teams will be forced to play a man down or forfeit. Team captains should keep this in mind when choosing their team members
- Forfeit Scoring - although not technically new, forfeits will be scored as a 3-0 loss to avoid gaming the system to reduce goal differential through intentional forfeiting
- Schedule Dates - the season schedule will be set at the beginning of the season and will not be extended. Predefined make up dates will be established on Saturdays in the event any games must be postponed due to inclement weather